The Saltergate Circuit Marathon Challenge has been organised by Scarborough & Ryedale Mountain Rescue Team for around 30 years in order to raise much needed funds for the teams work. As a Registered Charity every penny of profit from the event goes directly to providing this volunteer emergency search and rescue service.
Starting in Adderstone Field, Dalby Forest, two routes are available at either 26.2 miles or 16 miles in length. Both routes are executed in a clockwise direction.
Click the download link(s) below for a .gpx copy of the planned route (you may have to ‘right click’ in your browser and save as Saltergate.gpx if the file downloads as a text document)
- Start – Adderstone Fields – SE882898
- Bucket drop (Long and Short routes) – Fox and Rabbit public house – SE845882 – Take care crossing the road.
- CP1 (Long and Short routes) – Levisham Crossing (lay-by to the west of the railway tracks) – SE817910 – snacks, hot and cold drinks – split for long and short routes
- CP2 (Long route) – Wheeldale Bridge – SE802970 – snacks, hot and cold drinks
- CP3 (Long Route) – Old Forest Drive – SE826952 – electronic card reader – self serve water
- CP4 (Long Route) – Eller Beck car park – SE856982 – snacks, hot and cold drinks
- CP5 (Long and short routes) – Old Wife’s Way/Bridestones path junction – SE873925 -split for long and short routes
- Finish – Adderstone Fields – SE882898 – well earned hot meal