The callout in the early hours of this morning is a graphic representation of why your entry fees for this challenge and other donations people make are essential to the provision of this voluntary service.
Our costs, to run the team, are in the order of £20,000 per annum. In order to be able to deploy on this sort of activity in support of either the North Yorkshire or Humberside Police Forces we need to provide funds for at least:
- A secure base for our vehicles, equipment and a centralised facility for training.
- Three response vehicles (a control unit/ambulance and two 4×4 ambulances).
- Specialist rescue and medical equipment.
- Communications (to market the team, activate the team for callouts and for the coordination search and rescue activities).
- Insurances, taxes and utility charges.
- Team personal protection equipment (which has to be changed periodically).
- Fuel and consumables.
More details on the challenge are here.