Scarborough & Ryedale Mountain Rescue Team
Challenge Event Rules & Regulations
1. Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Persons under 14 years of age may undertake the short route if accompanied throughout the event by an adult, likewise those between 14 and 18 years of age may undertake the long route if accompanied throughout the event by an adult. No participants under 14 years of age will be allowed on the long route. (not applicable for half marathon and any 10k events)
3. I agree to carry/wear the minimum recommended equipment and know how to use it correctly
The minimum kit required is:
- Map O/S Explorer 26 and 27 as applicable
- Compass & whistle
- Waterproof top & bottoms
- Hat & Gloves
- Survival Bag & First Aid kit
- Emergency Rations
- Torch and spare batteries
(not applicable for half marathon and any 10k events).
4. Participants must wear stout footwear or good quality trainers.
5. If retiring I will do so at an official manned checkpoint and return to the start by official transport.
6. Participants must observe the Country Code and report any damage to the nearest check point.
7. Participants will not be allowed to continue if in the opinion of the check-point officer they are unfit
to do so.
8. Participants must complete either route within time allowance set on the day for the route and prevailing conditions.
9. The organiser’s decisions are final, they cannot be held responsible for mishaps or accidents during
the event. They retain the right to incorporate additional rules, these will be displayed at the start
10. No dogs will be allowed to participate in challenge events.
11. Let us know if four people wish to enter as a team for any event. The team time will be the average time of the first three finishers.
Contact us at Challenge.email@example.com with the team name and the names of the four individual entrants. No additional charge for a team entry.